How to fill out your application
You can apply from February 1. If you wish to apply for programmes taught in Danish, you will need to use the Danish language page.
Each application must be approved and sent before March 15, 12:00 am (CET) for applicants without a Danish exam.
The deadline July 5, 12:00 am (CET) only applies to applicants with a Danish upper secondary education.
You will receive response to your application(s) July 26.
You can read about admission requirements, rules and principals for admission in quota 1 and quota 2 at ug.dk.
Do you not have a Danish CPR-number?
- Click No, if you do not have a Danish CPR-number
- Type your email address and click OK
You will receive an email with a link to your application. You have to use the link every time, you want to access your application.
- Click the link or copy to your browser
- Enter your personal information
The system will create a constructed personal number which you can see in the application.
Do you have Danish NemID?
- Log on with your NemID
You have to apply using NemID if you have a Danish CPR-number.
Do you have an eID/national ID?
- Log on with your national ID
Have you not logged on with NemID?
- Type your personal information yourself
- Type your email address and telephone number including the country code
When you log on with NemID, the sections with your name, CPR-number and address are automatically filled in with information from the Danish CPR-register.
If there are errors in the information, you must contact Borgerservice in the municipality where you live.
Are you a citizen in another country than Denmark?
- Choose your home country in the drop down menu
- Mark whether you have a residence permit in Denmark or are a EU/EEA Citizen
- If you are a citizen in a country outside EU/EEA and have a residence permit in Denmark, you have to upload your residence permit in the tab Attachments
Denmark is chosen as default, so if you are a Danish citizen you do not have to do anything.
If you are a citizen in a EU/EEA country (including Nordic citizens) you do not have to document your citizenship.
- Click No, if you are not and have not previously been accepted at a higher education programme
Higher education programmes are Business Academy-, Professional Bachelor-, an artistic education or a University education.
Vocational upper secondary educations and part time educations in futher and continuing education do not count here.
Are you currently or have you previously been accepted in to/at a higher education programme?
- Click Yes, if you are or have previously been enrolled in a higher education
- Check whether you have completed or expect to complete a higher education programme in Denmark
- Click the pencil to the far right, so you can fill in the fields with the name of the program and passed ECTS points
- Click the check mark when you have filled in the fields
- Upload the relevant documentation by clicking at the button Add Attachments. You can also upload documentation later using the tap Attachments
It is important that you investigate documentation requirements at the website(s) of the educational institution(s) you are applying at.
According to the rules on limitation of double degrees in Denmark, it only concerns a completed Danish degree.
Foreign exams and educations must be added in relation to assessment of possible transfer of credits and as possible relevant experience in Quota 2.
Below you can find information on how to fill in the fields if you want to:
You only have to mark the field if you have a connection to Greenland and meet the criteria for using the special scheme.
Do you have a connection to Greenland?
- Mark, if you want to apply for admission under the special Greenlandic scheme
- Upload relevant documentation by clicking at the button Add Attachments. You can also upload documentation later using the tab Attachments
You can find out, whether the special Greenlandic scheme is relevant for you by clicking the question mark in right corner at the top.
- Click on the button Save on top of the page when you have filled in the information
You can not edit the information in the tab Information about you once you have approved your first application.
If you want to edit the contact information later, you can upload an attachment with a description of your wishes for corrections or contact the educational institution directly.
View how to fill out your Entry qualifications if you have a:
- Non-Danish Exam
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- No entry qualifying exam and will apply for admission with special permission
Are you logged in with NemID?
When you apply with NemID, your diploma will be downloaded and attached automatically to your application if your diploma is found in the Danish exam database.
- Click the View your diplomas button to check that it is the correct diploma
- If there is an error in a diploma, contact the school that issued the diploma
View how you fill out your Entry qualifications if you have Danish exams that are not in the Danish Exam database (in Danish)
If you have an upper secondary education from 2017, 2018 or 2019 and your grade point average can be converted into a Danish grade point average, your grade point average (results from final exams) will be multiplied with 1.08 due to bonus for early study start.
The adjustment is made automatically, and you do not have to do anything yourself.
- Click the button Save at the top of the page, if you have filled out your admission requirements yourself
You can not edit your entry qualifications, once you have approved your first application.
After approving you can submit new diplomas to the application by clicking the tab Attachments
This also applies for new students from this year.
Remember to log on to Optagelse.dk, once you have passed the courses, upload your new diploma and add it to your applications before July 5, 12:00 am (CET).
- Click the button Add Education to your priority list
- Find an educational programme
- You can search for the name of the educational programme in the search field
- Sort optionally by region or language
- Choose under Study Start, if you want to sort by time for starting studies
- Click the little arrow to the left of the name of the educational programme to view admission requirements, and find links to more information about the education
- Click the button Choose to apply for admission to the educational programme
You can apply for up to 8 educational programmes in prioritized order.
You will only be offered1 study place at an educational institution - at the highest-ranking option possible. It is therefore important that you prioritize the applications according to where you prefer to study.
You can change your priorites until July 5, 12:00 am (CET).
If you have an upper secondary education and you apply for quota 2 admission, your application will automatically be assess in quota 1. Thus you do not have to apply for the same education at both the quota 2 deadline March 15 and the quota 1 deadline at July 5, provided that your grade point average can be converted to Danish grade point average.
Have you passed courses other than your secondary higher education?
- Click the pencil to the very right so you can fill out the sections
- Click the check mark, when you have filled out the section
- Click at the +-icon that emerges to add more subjects to the list
- Upload diplomas as documentation by clicking the button Add Attachments at the buttom of the page. You can also upload the diploma(s) later using the tab Attachments
- Mark, if you are currently taking supplementary courses, or if you are submitted to Summer supplementing courses
- In the list you have to click the pencil to the very right to fill out the sections
- Mark by ticking the box, when you have finish adding any supplementary courses
- Upload documentation for submitting to the supplementary courses, if the study programme you want to apply for admission requires it
- Click the button Add Attachments at the bottom of the page. You can also upload documentation for submitting later using the tab Attachments
Some programs have different fields of study.
Are you looking for a degree program with several fields of study?
- Select the field of study that you want to search for in the drop down menu
- Mark if you want to apply for a standby place
At some education programmes you have to decide whether you wish to start in the summer or in the winter the year after.
- Click No if possible, I would rather start in the summer, if you would rather start in August/September
- Click Yes if possible, I would rather start in the winter, if you would rather start in January/February
The educational institution distributes the applications after their own distribution criteria. Therefore, you can not be sure to have your wish for study start fulfilled, even if you are admitted to the education. You can read more about summer and winter start at ug.dk.
Be aware that some educations have to be applied for twice, if you want to apply for both summer and winter start.
- Click No, if you did not get a standby place and admission last year
- Click Yes, if you have pre-approval to start studying at the educational programme already
If you already have pre-approval you have to upload your letter of admission from the educational institution.
- Click Add Attachments to upload the letter of admission. You can also upload the letter of admission later using the tab Attachments
Even when you have pre-approval to start studying you can still apply for admission at other educational programmes.
If you apply for higher prioritized educations your pre-approval for admission will only apply, if you are not accepted at one of the higher priorities.
The section will show, if you have chosen that you do not have a qualifying exam under the tab Entry Qualifications.
- Mark if you want to apply for admission with special permission or if you previously have received special admission to the education programme you are applying for.
Do you wish to apply for special permission to admission without entry qualifications?
- Write your application about special permission in a separate document and save it as a pdf-file
- Upload the document by clicking the button Add Attachment at the bottom of the page. You can also uploade your application about special permission for admission later uon the tab Attachments
Have you previously received special permission to the education programme that you are applying for admission?
- Add your journal number, and the date you got the permission
- Upload documentation for the special permission
- Click the button Add Attachments at the bottom of the page. You can also upload documentation for special permission later using the tab Attachments
The quota 2 sections in the application are only shown until the application deadline for quota 2 March 15, 12:00 am (CET).
Click the link See quota 2 criteria at the website of the educational institution to orientate yourself about which criteria you will be appraised from
You can only see the activities that are relevant for the educational programme you are applying for right now. The quota 2 section can be different at the different eudacational programmes and educational institutions - even if it is the same educational programme you are applying for different places in the country.
Fill out the sections that are relevant for you
Click the pencil to the far right to fill out the fields
Click the check mark when you have finished filling out the field
Click the plus that is showing to add more activities if it is relevant for you
Click the button Add Attachment at the bottom of the page. You can also upload documentation for your activities later using the tab Attachments
Is the section Admission Test quota 2 showing?
Read about contents and time for the admission test or the homework assignment at the website of the educational institution
Is the section Motivated Application showing?
Write your motivated application in a separate document and save as a pdf-file
Upload the document at the bottom of the page by clicking the button Add Attachments. You can also upload your motivated application using the tab Attachments
If the field Motivated application is not showing, it means that the educational programme is not considering motivated applications in their assessment.
Click the button Add Attachments to add relevant documentation for the activities you have added
Click the button Add Attachments to upload your motivated application if the field Motivated Application is shown
You can also upload documentation and the motivated application later under the tab Attachments.
When you add attachments under the tab Choice of education programme the attachment will automatically link to the application you are currently filling out. If the attachment is relevant for more applications on your priority list, you have to link it to the other priorities under tab Attachments yourself.
Click on Save button in the bottom of the page to finish your application
The educational programme is now shown on your priority list.
If you have not finished filling out the application you can save it and continue the application later.
Click the name of the application on the priority list to fill out or make corrections to the application
When you have finished filling out the specific application, you have to approve it before it is sent to the educational institution.
Did you not log on with NemID?
- Click the button Approve and print to print the signature page
- Print the signature page
- Sign the signature page
- Scan and save the signed signature page if you want to attach it to an email
- Send the signed signature page to the education institution on email or mail
You also have to send the signiture page if you logged on with eID/national ID.
Remember that the educational institutions have to have received the signature page before March 15 at 12:00 am (CET) for quota 2 and applicants without a Danish exam for the application to be considered on time.
Deadline for quota 1 is before July 5 12:00 am (CET) for applicants with a Danish exam.
You have to send one signiture page for every education programme you are applying for.
Have you logged on with NemID?
When you have finished filling out the specific application, you have to approve it before it is sent to the education institution.
- Click the button Approve and sign to sign with your NemID
You have to approve every specific application with you NemID before March 15 before 12:00 am (CET), when you apply based on a non-Danish or international exam.
To upload your upper secondary school leaving certificate or add other attachments:
- Click the button Add attachment
- Find the relevant document on your computer. You can only add documents that are saved as pdf-files
- Give the file a relevant name in the text box and click OK
- Click the check mark of one or more educations programmes you want to attach the attachment to and sent to. Otherwise the education institution will not receive the attachment
Have you previously added attachments to the application?
- Check that the box next to the priority the attachment is connected to is ticked
- Click on more check marks yourself, if the attachment is relevant for the priorities
Be aware the education institution can only see the attachments that are marked with a tick next to the number on the priority list.
You can access your application again in the same way you did, when you made the application
- Go to the tab Choice of education programme and view your priority list
Have you applied without NemID?
- Check that there is an envelope next to your priority
The envelope signals that you have printed the signature page, but you have not applied before you have sent the signature page to the education institution by email or mail. If you send your application by mail the application must be received at the education institution before March 15, 12.00 am (CET).
When the envelope is open and the box next to it is ticked, the educational institution has retrieved the application.
Have you applied with NemID?
- Check that you have an envelope next to your priority
The envelope signals that you have sent the application correctly and that you have applied.
When the envelope is open and the box next to it is ticked, the educational institution has retrieved the application.
After you have approved and sent your application you can:
- Add new educational programmes to the priority list until March 15, 12:00 am (CET)
You have to make the following changes before July 5 12:00 am (CET)
- Change the order of priorities
- Annul and delete an application
- Upload new attachments to the applications using the tab Attachments
Remember to check the deadlines for uploading attachments at the educational institutions.
If you delete an application after March 15, 12:00 am (CET) and add the educational programme to your priority list again, it will no longer be assessed.
If you want to change contact information, entry qualifications, wishing standby or starting date for studies you can upload an attachment including a description of what you want to change, or you can contact the educational institution directly.
Live chat for international applicants for higher education in Denmark
Are you going to apply for an education in Denmark?
As an EU and EEA citizen, you can participate in a live chat, where you can ask about the application process at Optagelse.dk.
- Tuesday February 19, 7-9 pm (CET)
- Tuesday February 26, 7-9 pm (CET)
- Sunday March 10, 2-4 pm (CET)
- Tuesday March 12, 7-9 pm (CET)